Real Life Build Concepts in SL

Real Life Build Concepts in SL
Old South Church ~ Boston Ma. USA

Welcome To Prim Pushers

The Information Exchange Blog for Builders and Artist who Build Architecture in the Metraverse

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Building outside the (right) Box

One of the pleasures I have found when building in SL is the satisfaction of trying a new style of build I have not done before. With the amount of architectural styles available and the mixing of styles the possibilities are endless. You think it and it can be done in this amazing world of possibilities. I was once asked to make a Castle for a Vampire Clan that had the following themes in it; Industrial, Gothic, Asian, Mayan and Modern. As hard as it was to visualize this eclectic mix of styles at first it all came out rather sensational. The owner his clan and myself where all very happy in the end. The build was actually used in a RL music video or at least a section of it was because of how different yet comfortable the feel of the build gave to individuals who saw it.

When attempting to try something new I have found that following the basic Building Guidelines and doing the research necessary to understand what you are attempting helps in the long run. So as a way of assisting individuals in trying something new in the forms of building I am asking all builders are they willing to try and build an entry for the UWA Flagship contest that meets the Outline as described by UWA in their Flagship Challenge note card?

So I am proposing a special meeting for individuals who may be interested in discussing the outline of the build guidelines and going over some of the requirements that make a build work for this type of format. If you have an interest please give me an IM or let Jay Jay know you have an interest and we can set up a time to go over this topic.

As I have stated before I am in this contest to do my best and I will try as hard as I can to achieve that. But I am willing to talk to or assist any one interested in the UWA Flagship and what seems to and what seems not to work in the challenge.

Those of you who do not know my background in this challenge I have placed every month I have entered and have 6 out of the 12 builds in the finals todate.

Good Building

Nyx

No comments:

Post a Comment