Real Life Build Concepts in SL

Real Life Build Concepts in SL
Old South Church ~ Boston Ma. USA

Welcome To Prim Pushers

The Information Exchange Blog for Builders and Artist who Build Architecture in the Metraverse

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Improving your Building Skills Overall

The truth is the only way to get better at most anythings is to practice and practice often. When I first came in world before I had a place dedicated to building and creating, I used sandboxes or friends places with prim limits of course and practiced twisting prims, basic designs and texturing.
I still occasionally pull out a wild twist I had done in the early days. I guess the ones I made then where just from tweaking the prims over and over. Change a type of prim from one to another and continue to change the parameters as I went along. The point was I was practicing the basics that all advanced builders have learned and utilize in all builds they do.

The same can be said for improving your design skills, this can be achieved in a few ways;
Visit other places in world that are at a better level of skills in building that you are at currently.
Look on line at pictures of places, designs, buildings, architecture from all ages and all styles.
Read about the development of styles and design principals the more you learn the better your understanding and abilities to apply these principals will be.
Step out side of your comfort zone, try something you haven't done before and have fun while trying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment